CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Team Edward - Because Jacob Has Fleas

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Cause







Okay guys, sorry about the last post. I mixed everything up. Here's the REAL story. Every year my boss (Dr. "Howie" Fox) runs the World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run in honor of his late cousin, Amos Fleisher, who died from sudden cardiovascular death syndrome. In the time leading up to the race we have been doing a fund raiser to raise money for the American Heart Association to provide "CPR Anytime" kits. This year we will be doing things a little bit differently. Last summer Dana Hills HIgh School freshman Megan Myers died suddenly while competeing in a cross country race for her school. So this time around we will be fund raising through the Fleisher Foundation, and all prcedes will be used to buy AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) for all of our Capistrano Unified schools. Our goal is to have AEDs available to all sporting events, nurses offices, etc. Every bit counts, even if it's only $5.00. If you would like to donate, please visit www.fleisher-foundation.org , or you can email me at megwhereisrosco@gmail.com and I would be happy to help you out. There is also an extra bonus: If we reach our fundraising goal (this year our office goal is $12,00), Howie and his friend Jason will cut a mohawk which they have to wear until after the race!!! The person to donate the highest amount gets to choose the color of the mohawks!!! Last year was purple! Allison and I also color our hair for the event. I am including some pictures of Amos, Megan Myers, and last year's Mud Run.

4 comments:

Shaun Duffy said...

IM BACKKK

Hunter said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm down with Camp Pendleton

Hunter said...

If I wasn't a desperately poor college student I would probably donate but because I eat top ramen and ride a bike places....donating doesn't seem to be an option at this point.

Tracy said...

AWESOME!! We will be there too...Team Edward and the Dre Team (for my mom!) Can't wait to see you soon...PALM SPRINGS BABY!