CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Team Edward - Because Jacob Has Fleas

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cat and Mouse


Sooooooo gross!!!! A couple weeks ago I went into my mom's room before work to grab something I left in there, and on my way out I found a DEAD MOUSE just laying there on the carpet. EEEWWW!!!! My mom was still semi-asleep so I did the honors of scooping it up and throwing it away outside before I got in my car. I thought it was very strange that it had just died right there in the middle of the room and figured it must have had a heart attack from the cat/Rosco/JT. Then when I was walking up the stairs tonight I saw Charlotte (kitty) sitting right outside my mom's room with a dead mouse in her mouth (gag). I tried to get her to drop it on the floor, but she wouldn't do it. Typical cat. After chasing her around my mom's room (with some help from Rosco) and getting her down from my mom's bed (the mouse still in her mouth), she finally dropped it. But it WASN'T dead! Eww!!!! It took off and ran in the corner behind a bunch of stuff my mom had cleared out of her closet for spring cleaning! Great. So now there's a really ticked-off mouse running around upstairs. Looking back at the memory of the first mouse, I wonder if Charlotte had caught and killed it in the garage and brought it up to mom's room as a trophy...... a really sinister trophy. Seriously..... I don't understand cats. They see "ghosts", chase invisible dust, perform some incredible acrobatics, lick themselves silly, and then look at you like "What? I wasn't doing anything!" Now she's got Rosco in on her sadistic mouse sacrifice ritual. It's a strage world out there (or in here.... whichever).

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Ooooo. I am NOT rodent or reptile friendly! It's good your mom has a cat!

Meg said...

I'm glad to know the cat is good for something (besides licking herself and making others feel insignificant)!

Hunter said...

Ha ha, a dead rat laying on the ground. My vote is that it was JT, he's the man and he's not scared of anything. I love the fact that your blog is named Meg Where's Rosco. I remember when he would say that all the time to you.

Kris said...

Just what mom needs...a mouse problem! Good thing there's charolette, roscoe and JT to catch/kill them. Hey, have fun being maid of honor; I just found out i'm gonna be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding this summer too! See you next week... :)

gwen and bob said...

That is disgusting!! Did your mom sleep in the room that night? EEEKK!

Meg said...

She had no idea it was there! I'm guessing that Kitty brought it in the room when she was sleeping as a good morning present